Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Use Your Stash Blog Hop - Buttons and Flowers

If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. You should be coming from Judy's Blog.

WELCOME! This month we are featuring buttons and flowers. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing buttons and flowers. I love the Mojo Monday sketches, so today's card will be based on this week's sketch.

In keeping with the  'Use It or Lose It' or 'Use Your Stash' theme, I started with a few of those White Daisy one inch scraps. I put them through the crimper, my 'Use It or Lose It' tool of the month to add texture.

For even more texture, the sentiment piece, another White Daisy scrap, was embossed with a flower motif using the Cuttlebug and a floral embossing folder.

I added white bias tape, another item from my stash (a new Close To My Heart product, too), for the bow and last I added buttons, round and flowers and textured.

I hope you enjoyed my creation, please leave a comment, I so appreciate your thoughts.  If you don't have a consultant and would like to shop for the products you see here today, hop on over to my website.

Now hop on over to Tabitha's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.



The new 2012 Idea Book is live as of February 1st. Need a copy, contact me.
DOUBLE YOUR LAYOUTS with our Five for Free promotion! For each Studio J® 5-pack (SJ5P) you purchase this February, you’ll get one free 5-pack. That means you get 10 layouts for just $55—that’s just $2.75 per page, with free shipping! Even if you’re already taking advantage of Studio J’s incredibly low members-only pricing, you’ll save even more when you purchase 5-packs through this special February deal!

5 comments:

  1. I like how you did the white on white, and made it stand out with dry embossing. The texture made me have to get a closer look at it, and the buttons made it feel like it was ready for Easter. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. I especially like the color buttons you pulled together. Elegant yet a touch of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done and the color is nice coming by way of the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! I like how you used the buttons for your color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley