Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Use Your Stash Blog Hop - Dimensional Elements or Chipboard


WELCOME! If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. This month we are featuring Chipboard or Dimensional Elements.  You should be coming from Wendy's blog.

If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing covering Dimensional Elements (DE), Close To My Heart code for chipboard, with paper.

First, let me show you how I store my DE. I love using our stamp organizer case (Z1038) and the 6"x 6" plastic paper storage envelopes (Z335), like those our stamps come in. Here I have my Shapes box and my Alphabets A through L.

It makes them easy to carry and when I just need certain shapes or letters, I can pull them out for easy crop traveling.


My first example is one of the many hearts on the Stella Workshop on the Go (G1032) layout showcased in the Workshop on the Go instructional brochure.

This beautiful heart is covered in Sunset cardstock, inked in Cocoa ink and a button from the Bohemian Assortment (Z1687).

Three more little hearts from the DE Hearts (Z1735) collection finish the Stella Workshop on the Go featured layout.


Tip --
When covering chipboard, I like to use Bonding Memories (1512) blue two way glue. It is called that because when it goes on blue it is permanent, if you leave it until it dries and turns clear (or a little milky) it is repositionable.

It is also easy to reposition the paper for just a few minutes, giving you time to place your piece just right.


I took a zip strip (our paper has a strip across one side with the paper facts on one side and a pattern on the other -- way to go green CTMH) and added it to the top by covering the DE piece with the blue glue, placing the zip strip over the DE and trimming the excess.

When using a larger or more rounded shape, your craft knife and a self healing mat, like our VersaMat (Z1279), work great.

This piece was easy and scissor (Z534) worked fine.


I took a second zip strip piece and added it under the first getting the two pieces as close together, but not overlapping.

Again, trim the excess, you may also want to sand the edges using a sanding block (Z1294) or my favorite, the finishing tools.(Z1091.)





I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial for covering chipboard and my projects. I would love for you to leave a comment, they are welcome.


Now hop on over to Debi's blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! That is brilliant ideas!! I kept ours in their original bag and just stuck it away - no wonder why I keep forgetting I have them on hand. Thank you for this great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super tute, Shirley! Mega chipboard usage too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you doubled up the zip strip on the chipboard banner piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I love the storage idea and am definitely stealing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea! gonna have to try that one for sure. And, the storage idea is brilliant ~ it totally beats my ziploc storage bags idea that I have now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley