Monday, April 16, 2012

Dotty for You Blog Hop!

Oh my goodness, when I saw these bold, beautiful pattern papers, my heart skipped a beat!! WOWZERs I am in love!! Starting April 17th through May 30th, this paper packet is yours with a qualifying purchase of $35. Ready to take the Close To My Heart plunge, Dotty for You will be in your Consultant kit.

We wanted to share how beautiful the Dotty for You special is so please sit back and enjoy this hop. Start here and when you are back, you have seen everything.

If you have come from Elizabeth's blog, you are going in the right direction.








My creation for you started out as an idea from a make 'n take one of my 2nd level team members shared at a recent retreat. Thanks Bobbie.

If you wish, continue reading to see a short tutorial on how I created this little goodie bag, or hop on over to see what beautiful Dotty for You creation Sheila has in store.

We scored and folded and scored and folded and my fear of eighths got the best of me. So I brought my little folded paper home and readjusted so I could fold without having to find an eighth.


Take an 8" x 8" square and fold it in half diagonally.

Place it on your trimmer (or whatever you score with) and place the fold at the 1" mark and score, creating a second diagonal score 1" from the center.

Flip it and do the same on the other side. Now you have 3 diagonal score lines.

Turn the paper a quarter turn (the score lines will be horizontal to the score lines). Place the point on a horizontal marker at the 3 1/2" vertical measurement line (see the photo) and score.

Flip the paper to the other side and score the same.

Crease each fold, creating a mountain and valley folds.

Fold the two sides towards the center, overlapping, creating a pocket on each side.

Perfect for a little candy bar. I got to thinking about all the things you could use this for - a table placard with you name on a tag and an after dinner mint in the pocket in the back or a child's Valentine party with a Valentine in one pocket and a candy heart in the back.

So many ideas, so little time. Now, hop on over to see what beautiful Dotty for You creation Sheila has in store. I would love to hear what you think, please leave a comment.


If you love the Dotty for You paper, ask your consultant on how to get your own. Don't have a consultant, start shopping here.

18 comments:

  1. FUN!!! Super simple with your instructions. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Shirley! Love that patterned paper and such a cute project!!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome project Shirley, thanks for the TUT, even if it looks a little scary to me...lots of folding...hmmm, gonna need to try this one on a plain piece of paper first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute project, thanks for sharing. I have made something similar to this to hold cards. love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!! love the Dotty paper too. ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I'm going to have to come back for these instructions -- they'd make for a great giveaway! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is such a cute gift/treat holder! Thanks for the directions. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable treat holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great use for the double-sided paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea - the paper is shown off very well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely Done Shirley - what a cute little project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool project for that paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley