Saturday, April 21, 2012

Use Your Stash Blog Hop - Ribbon

WELCOME! If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. You should be coming from Judy Faye's Place.


If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers here.

This month we are showcasing ribbon. If you are like me, you have a ton of ribbon in various sizes. It hurts me to throw out small pieces, so a stash them in a jar or in my stash catcher on my desk.

When a project comes along that needs just a little touch of ribbon, I can pull out a few small pieces and see if they will work. Well, I did that with this card. Using a piece of wide Chocolate stripe ribbon (Z1617), would work, however the piece I had was a little small. In order to be able to tie it in a knot, I needed to make it more pliable.

The Frayed Ribbon technique came to mind. I frayed the ribbon and tied the frayed pieces together in a knot creating the perfect accent to my card.



Look for a tutorial in next Friday's Simply Shirley email (sign up is found on the left hand side of my blog).

This card is created totally from leftovers from my stash - yea!! The stacks are getting smaller.

Enjoy the hope -- Cherri's Craft With Feeling blog. WAIT, please leave me a comment as to what you thought of my creation.

10 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it as always Shirley. I couldn't help but laugh cause i usually get so mad when my ribbon frays, and here you made a frayed ribbon look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. that would be an adorable accent/technique to use on a country or farm type of card or layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to do with ribbon. so fun! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frayed ribbon idea! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've got to try this, Shirley. The card is fabu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking card Shirley and the ribbon is cool too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone...love the frayed ribbon....going on the bucket list

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley