Saturday, July 21, 2012

Use Your Stash Blog Hop

It is time for the Use Your Stash blog hop. If you have come from Joy's blog you are going in the right direction. This is a circle hop, so when you return to where you started, you have seen all the great artwork.

This month we are using our Christmas Stash -- I found a packet of last years Christmas themed paper. Believe - checkout the information on this month's special as Believe and Wonderland, the two Christmas papers from last years Autumn/Winter Idea Book are being offered as the special the last week of the month. I thought I would use the Mojo Monday 250 sketch as inspiration.

The paper is more traditional, red and white, and uses one of the retiring colors, Holiday Red.

Using squares as packages and a cute December 25th sentiment from an older stamp set helped me create my Use Your Stash Christmas card. A little whimsical, I find I am liking this little card and hope you do too.

I used the Cuttlebug embossing flower folder as these flowers looked a little like poinsettas. This sentiment is from a retired stamp set, so if you do not have a Dec 25th stamp set and would like a similar one, the new stamp set Perfect Fit - Holidays (B1412) from the new 2012 Autumn/Winter Idea Book would work perfect.

To add more texture to the different packages and not to clash by using the same ribbon on top of each other, I used the Sweet Leaf pattern paper to create a paper ribbon and bow on the larger of the boxes. I liked how the White Daisy ribbon popped nicely on the green pattern and how nicely the paper ribbon and bow looked on the smaller box.

I added several layered papers and ribbon, creating a depth and texture.

The sketch used circles, however I liked the Christmas package theme and found squares and rectangles substituted very well.

I loved how the zip strips (the little strip across the top of our pattern paper that contains a little design so you can use it instead of cutting it off and throwing it away) worked so well as the little flags across the bottom.

The inside of the card needed to be just as pretty. Several mats, starting with a large white daisy cardstock piece, and ending with a white daisy sentiment piece tucked into the red plaid.

I love how this makes the sentiment look like a photo, slide into an old style scrapbook.

Placing the sentiment piece atop the mats and marking and cutting with my handy, dandy craft knife, the slits in the corner, created a very textured and unique sentiment piece.

I hope you have enjoyed my little creation, please leave a comment to let me know.

Now, hop on over to Wendy's blog to see how she is using her Christmas stash.

















During July, get a free paper packet and coordinating accessory with a qualifying online purchase.

July 2012: Free Perect Pairs
Place an online order of $75 or more in July and we’ll send you a popular paper packet and coordinating accessory—a Perfect Pair—for free! Different Perfect Pairs are available on different dates throughout the month so you’ll want to place more than one qualifying order to snatch several Perfect Pairs.


Specific pairs are available on specific dates; see below to find out when your favorite Perfect Pairs will be available. Be sure to place your order early in the availability period, as the promotion is while supplies last.


Order Dates Perfect Pair Retail Value








July 16–20 Lucky Paper Packet (X7137B) and Lucky My Stickease® Assortment (X7137C) $17.90
July 21–25 Mayberry Paper Packet (X7136B) and Mayberry My Stickease® Assortment (X7136C) $17.90
July 26–29 Sophia Paper Packet (X7131B) and Sophia My Stickease® Assortment (X7131C) $17.90
July 30–31 Believe Paper Packet (X7145B) and Holiday Pockets (Z1486) OR Wonderland Paper Packet (X7146B) and Wonderland My Stickease® Assortment (X7146C) $14.90


July 2012 Stamp of the Month Live Out Loud

fpo
Each month you can enjoy a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5—that’s over 70% off retail! When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.

July 2012: Live Out Loud (S1207)

Spend $50 and get this Stamp of the Month set for jus


7 comments:

  1. I love the layered look on the inside. I'm definitely going to need to try and add that to my cards. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! I like how you added to the inside as well, what a great way to use up more of that stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i just love those little presents on the card, its so cute! may have to lift this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layer look of this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley