Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Technique Blog Hop - Negative Space


Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month we are highlighting “Using Negative Space” Technique as shown on page 92 in the Fall/Winter 2012 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork. 

If you are coming from Rachel's blog, you are on the right track! 



Negative space - here I used the negative space left on the Scholastic B&T (pattern paper) after cutting some hearts for another project. I was looking for embellishment opportunities for a mini album created at a recent retreat. My Rockin' Heart team member, Carolyn McCravy, shared the directions for creating a napkin fold mini album.

I used my leftover Scholastic B&T paper to create the album and more scraps of all kinds to take the album to the next level.

I love the stamp set Family Love (D1506) and it is used throughout this little book.







Leftover embellishments adorn each page.

I hope you enjoy my little project. Would it make a good hostess gift? Maybe yes. Who is ready to party with me!!

Supply List:  
Scholastic My Reflections Paper Packet (X7159B
Family Love (D1506
Chocolate Striped Ribbon (Z1617



Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Michelle's blog to see what wonderful project she has in store for us! Would love to hear from you, please leave a comment and happy hopping!

10 comments:

  1. That's a GREAT album, Shirley- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always love your project Shirley, this makes me want to go work on my mini album

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this book! Maureen
    http://somethingtoscrapabout-maureen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome album! Loosk like it took hours to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a gorgeous project and so fun! Fantastic way to use up scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this mini Shirley! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mini Shirley! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley