Friday, February 21, 2014

Use Your Stash Blog Hop theme Fabulous Fabrics

It is time once again for our Use Your Stash blog hop. This month we are using fabrics and with Close To My Heart retiring their textiles, this is a good way for me to use some of my stash. Our hop is a circle, however, if you get lost along the way Judy Faye's blog has our complete list of hoppers.

If you are coming from Wendy's blog you are on the right track

It is hard to pass up those bundles of cute fabric only to find them still amongst my stash many months down the road. And after seeing the cute fabric covered box on page 12 of the 2014 Spring/Summer Idea Book, my mind went to another stash, My Creations recipe box. Here was the little recipe box that had gotten a little smash upon it's cover and now it will have a home.

I measured the box on all sides and the height, cut the fabric to wrap around and using the 9" Xyron, I added adhesive. Next were the measurements for the top and flap. I did leave the front squared when I cut it and cut it to follow the arch after attaching, again using my 9" Xyron. REMEMBER to iron your material if it has creases.

The Juniper cardstock border was punched with the new scallop punch, wrapped in Slate Baker's Twine. A bow and the sentiment 'Photo Genic" was added. A button was added to the top flap.





The box is just big enough for 4" x 6" photos - I may ink the edges of the box -

Now hop on over to Joy's to see what fabulous fabric creation she has in store for us. BUT WAIT -- I would love a little comment before you go!




9 comments:

  1. super cute project Shirley, didn't know about Xyroning as an option with fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the box looks fantastic covered in fabric. I had to look twice to see where the fabric was. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box turned out great! And what a good idea. I have one of those boxes and now I am motivated to fix it up using your idea! Thanks for sharing! Bethany♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I am going to cover my box now since you have motivated me with your cute box! Bethany♥
    (Sorry if I posted twice! I wasn't sure if my first post actually went through. Crazy phone!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project and wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, Shirley